Laboratory Mixer / Settler - Extractor
For liquid-liquid-extraction according to the Mixer-Settler-principle, design acc. to Dr. E. Müller (Lurgi).
With screw stirrer for intensive mixing of the phases, especially suited for metallic salt extraction. Pumping capacity and residence times are changed by adjusting the stirrer speed. An additional advantage of the unit is the application for extractions during which reactions of considerable density changes occur.
Typical applications for this universal apparatus are:
- metal salt extractions
- mixtures with low surface tension
- if the dispersed phase coalesces with difficulty
- if variation in residence time of the phases occur in the extraction stages
- if reactions are expected during the extraction process
- if considerable changes in density are expected as a result of extraction
Extraction parameters determined by this unit can be scaled up.
All parts in contact with the product are made of glass and PTFE. Once adjusted, the Mixer-Settler Extractor works maintenance-free and can be switched on or off without changing the hydrodynamic conditions.
- Total Throughput max. 5 l / h
- Throughput per Phase 0.1...2.5 l / h
- Settler Volume 250 ml
- Number of Stages max. 10
- Stage Efficiency approx. 95%
- Wetted Parts borosilicate glass 3.3, PTFE
- Mains Supply 230 V, 50...60 Hz
- Dimensions (L x D x H) approx. 1,250 x 1,000 x 1,500 mm (10 stages)